Homo Fabula

Synaptic Misfirings of an unpublished author

Friday, June 18, 2004

So I bimbled into the bathroom this morning, bleary-eyed and hoping to wake myself up with a shower, as is my want. I wander over and what do I see in the bath?
A spider the size of Massachussets. It was a European House spider, I'm pretty sure. So that's a tiny body and big, long legs, looking like a war machine from the War of the Worlds. Even worse, it was carrying eggs in its mouth, looking like a collection of tiny rop ods, ready to burst open and unleash a terrible cargo of monstrous, baby war machines, threatening to overwhelm the world.
Nice.
As you've probably guessed, I'm arachnophobic. I eventually managed to get it on a towel and try to flick it out the window, but instead she dropped onto the window sill and fell behind the bathroom cabinet, which sits on the floor.
One of the scariest things for an arachnaphobe, or at least for me, is knowing there's a spider in the room but not knowing where it is. I jumped in the shower and washed myself as quickly as humanly possible, and now I'm dreading going home.

On another note, writing is going well - I turned back to Dyra's Pride the other day. Although it's an awful manuscript I'm determined not to let 9 months of writing slip away with nothing to show for it. I'm going to finish the second draft, edit it, and then read both drafts in concert and kinda moosh them together. We'll see how it turns out...

And I promise to get a new layout seen. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home